Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Introductory blog

Hi,

I am new to blogging. All of my thoughts and feelings, of course, will not be published on a blog. Some thoughts are private, thus, no one else's business. The Lord knows all of them, just as He knows the hearts and minds of all human beings. I do hope, however, to say something that will be helpful or enlightening in some way to those who wish to view and read this blog from time to time.

I have read some blogs where folks "spill their guts," so to speak. This is not that kind of blog. I will not use vulgar or profane language. The language of my blogs will be no worse or more coarse than the expression in the first sentence of this paragraph. But, I will speak from the heart. I will be happy to hear from you if you find anything here interesting, enlightening, or helpful to you. I do not think I have all the answers. I do, however, have "some" answers. I believe that God's word, the Bible, has the final answer to all religious questions that pertain to life and godliness, and the salvation of one's soul from sin, and salvation eternally in heaven, 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3-4.

A good and useful expression I heard many years ago is one that I have found beneficial over the years of my experience as a preacher of the gospel of Christ--"Keep your Bibles open and your hearts receptive to the truth." I suggest that is a good motto for this blog.

I will usually sign off with my moniker...spw

spw

No comments: